Minors holding a Refugee status in Malta can apply for this document. Their presence at the office is not required as no live biometrics are captured. One of the parents must come in person at our office submitting the below documentation.
- Form A with Section 1, 2, 6 and 7 filled in.
- Section 6 on Form A to be signed by both parents and recommender. The recommender must be a Maltese/EU/Commonwealth national residing in Malta with a university degree who has known the family for 2 years or more.
- Section 7 on Form A filled in, signed, and stamped by the same recommender.
- 2 passport photos of the minor. The photos must be printed on good quality photo paper with high resolution. The minor must be looking forward, eyes open and lips closed and no headwear (face clearly showing). The photo must be taken on a white background.
- One of the passport photos must be endorsed by the same recommender, using the wording This is a true image of (name and surname of the minor).
- Both parents’ valid and original eResidence cards.
- Copy of both parents’ eResidence cards, front only.
- Minor’s valid and original eResidence card.
- Copy of minor’s eResidence card, front and back.
- Minor’s valid and original IPA card.
- Copy of minor’s IPA card, front and back.
- Previous passport if applicable.
- If the passport is lost and still valid, an original police report must be presented.
It is important that all the details on both above mentioned cards are the same including the expiry date for a passport to be issued.
- In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €60. If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer. If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
- An urgent service is also provided against a fee of 140 where the passport will be ready in 4 working hours.
- An additional fee of €11 is applicable if the passport is declared lost while still valid.
- One of the parents must come in person to collect the passport presenting own original and valid eResidence card.
- Passport expiry date will be the same as the one on the eResidence card with a maximum validity of 3 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.