Minors holding a Refugee status in Malta can apply for this document. The minor’s presence at the office is required as live facial biometrics are captured. From this age fingerprints are also captured. One of the parents accompanying the minor must come in person at our office submitting the below documentation.
- Form A with Section 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7 filled in.
- Section 6 on Form A to be signed by both parents and recommender. The recommender must be a Maltese national with a university degree who has known the family for 2 years or more.
- Section 7 on Form A filled in, signed, and stamped by the same recommender.
- 1 passport photo of the minor endorsed by the same recommender.
- Both parents’ valid and original eResidence cards.
- Copy of both parents’ eResidence cards, front only.
- Minor’s valid and original eResidence card
- Copy of minor’s eResidence card, front and back.
- Minor’s valid and original IPA card.
- Copy of minor’s IPA card, front and back.
- Previous passport if applicable.
- If the passport is lost and still valid, an original police report must be presented.
- The minor must be present when the application is submitted accompanied by one or both parents.
It is important that all the details on both above mentioned cards are the same including the expiry date for a passport to be issued.
- In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €60. If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer. If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
- An urgent service is also provided against a fee of 140 where the passport will be ready in 4 working hours.
- An additional fee of €11 is applicable if the passport is declared lost while still valid.
- One of the parents must come in person to collect the passport presenting own original and valid eResidence card.
- Minors must also be present for collection presenting original and valid eResidence card as fingerprints need to be confirmed.
- Passport expiry date will be the same as the one on the eResidence card with a maximum validity of 3 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.