A Diplomatic passport is issued only against the authorisation of the MFET Permanent Secretary.
All minors under the age of 6 years are not required to attend in person at our office as no live biometrics are required. One of the parents must come in person at our office submitting the below documentation.
- Form A filled in.
- Form A to be endorsed by MFET Permanent Secretary.
- Payment voucher issued by MFET.
- 2 passport photos, one of which must be endorsed by a recommender. The photos must be good quality printed photos with high resolution on white background.
- The passport photo must be endorsed by the same recommender, using the wording This is a true image of (name and surname of the minor).
- The recommender must be a Maltese/EU/Commonwealth national with a university degree who has known the minor or the family for 2 years or more.
- Section 6 on Form A to be signed by both parents’ and the same recommender.
- Section 7 on Form a to be filled in, signed, and stamped by the same recommender.
- Both parents valid and original ID cards.
- Copy of both parents’ ID cards, front only.
- Previous Diplomatic passport if applicable.
- If previous Diplomatic passport has been lost while still valid, an original Police report is required.
In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €40 or by presenting the payment voucher issued by MFET.
If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer.
If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
If the Diplomatic passport is declared lost while still valid a fee of €11 applies.
One or both parents must come in person to collect the passport presenting valid and original ID card.
Passport is valid for 2 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.