A Diplomatic passport is issued only against the authorisation of the MFET Permanent Secretary.
The eligible Maltese applicant must come in person to the Passport Office, accompanied by one or both parents and submit the following documentation:
- Form A filled in.
- Form A to be endorsed by MFET Permanent Secretary.
- Payment voucher issued by MFET.
- Applicant’s valid and original ID card.
- Copy of ID card, front and back.
- If applicant resides abroad and does not hold a valid Maltese ID card, a passport photo endorsed by a recommender is required. The recommender must be a Maltese/EU/Commonwealth national with a university degree who has known the minor or the family for 2 years or more.
- Section 6 on Form A to be signed by both parents’ and the same recommender.
- Section 7 on Form a to be filled in, signed, and stamped by the same recommender.
- Both parents valid and original ID cards.
- Copy of both parents’ ID cards, front only.
- Previous Diplomatic passport if applicable.
- If previous Diplomatic passport has been lost while still valid, an original Police report is required.
In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €40 or by presenting the payment voucher issued by MFET.
If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer.
If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
If the Diplomatic passport is declared lost while still valid a fee of €11 applies.
One of the parents must come in person to collect the passport presenting own original and valid ID card.
Minors must also be present for collection presenting original and valid ID card as fingerprints need to be confirmed.
Passport is valid for 5 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.