This document is issued to foreigners who have their passport lost, destroyed, or stolen while in Malta and there is no representation in Malta.
The applicant must personally visit the Passport Office and submit the following documentation:
- Form A filled in.
- Section 7 endorsed by recommender; The recommender must be the official representation in Malta (Honorary Consul).
- 2 passport photos, one of which must be endorsed by the same recommender (Honorary Consul).
- If the passport was stolen, original police report must be presented.
- If the passport is expired, then the original expired passport must be presented.
- Flight itinerary printout.
- An email will be sent from our office to the accredited representation abroad (referring to MFET website information).
- Once a confirmation email is received from the accredited representation abroad, the document is issued. The email must confirm the identity/nationality and authorise the issuance of an ETD.
- Foreign Representation in Malta
- An ETD is issued to EU nationals and is valid for a maximum of 7 days.
- A DOI is issued to non-EU nationals and is valid only for the particular flight indicated on the flight itinerary.
- For non-EU nationals the flight itinerary must not include any transits to EU countries as the document will not be issued.
- Both documents are issued only if the flight itinerary is presented.
- Application must be submitted in person at our office and document collected in person as well.
- This document is issued against a fee of €9.
- If the passport/ID card (travel document) was declared lost, an extra fee of €11 applies.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.