All minors from the age of 6 years to 9 years are required to attend in person at the Passport Office as live facial biometrics are required. One of the parents accompanying the minor must come in person at our office submitting the below documentation.
- Form A with Section 1, 2, 6 and 7 filled in.
- Section 6 on Form A to be signed by both parents and recommender. The recommender must be a Maltese/EU/Commonwealth national residing in Malta with a university degree who has known the family for 2 years or more.
- Section 7 on Form A filled in, signed, and stamped by the same recommender.
- 1 passport photo of the minor. The photo must be printed on good quality photo paper with high resolution. The minor must be looking forward, eyes open and lips closed and no headwear (face clearly showing). The photo must be taken on a white background.
- The passport photos must be endorsed by the same recommender, using the wording This is a true image of (name and surname of the minor).
- Both parents’ valid and original ID card or passports.
- Copy of both parents’ ID cards, front only or passport data page.
- Previous passport if applicable.
- If the passport is lost and still valid, an original police report must be presented.
- In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €16. If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer. If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
- Urgent service is also provided against a fee of €80 where the passport will be ready in 4 working hours.
- An additional fee of €11 is applicable if the passport is declared lost and still valid.
- One of the parents must come in person to collect the passport presenting his/her own original and valid ID card/passport.
- Passport is valid for 2 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.