Public Registry FAQs – Marriage Registry Section

Public Registry

Those couples who are getting married in Malta should contact the Public Registry in Malta. Couples getting married in Gozo should apply for their marriage banns at the Marriage Registry in Victoria, Gozo.

The Public Registry requires original documents for registration purposes. Documents presented to the Public Registry, are retained indefinitely in its archives. Public documents that are not in the English language must be translated into Maltese or English. In cases where one or several fields are in a language other than the English or Maltese language, a translation of these fields is necessary for processing the document. Further information can be obtained from the following Link.