A Diplomatic passport is issued only against the authorisation of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs’ Permanent Secretary.
The eligible Maltese applicant must come in person to the Passport Office and submit the following documentation:
- Form A filled in.
- Form A to be endorsed by MFET Permanent Secretary.
- Payment voucher issued by MFET.
- Original and valid ID card.
- Copy of ID card, front and back.
- If applicant resides abroad and does not hold a valid Maltese ID card, Section 7 on Form A to be filled in, signed, and stamped by a recommender and 1 passport photo endorsed by the same recommender.
- Previous Diplomatic passport if applicable.
- If previous Diplomatic passport has been lost while still valid, an original Police report is required.
In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €40 or by presenting the payment voucher issued by MFET.
If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer.
If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
If the Diplomatic passport is declared lost while still valid a fee of €11 applies.
The applicant must collect the passport in person presenting original and valid ID card.
On collection fingerprints will be confirmed again.
Passport is valid for 5 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.