All minors from the age of 16 years to 17 years are required to attend in person at our office as live facial biometrics are required. Fingerprints and signature are also captured. One of the parents accompanying the minor must come in person at our office submitting the below documentation.
- Form A with Section 1, 2, 6, 7 and 9 filled in.
- Section 6 on Form A to be signed by both parents and recommender. The recommender must be a Maltese/EU/Commonwealth national residing in Malta with a university degree who has known the family for 2 years or more.
- Section 7 on Form A filled in, signed, and stamped by the same recommender.
- Section 9 to be signed by the applicant.
- Minor’s valid and original Maltese ID card (14+).
- Copy of minor’s ID card, front and back.
- Both parents’ valid and original ID card or passports.
- Both parents’ ID cards, front only or passport data page.
- Previous passport if applicable.
- If the passport is lost and still valid, an original police report must be presented.
- In normal circumstances the passport will be ready for collection after 4 working days against a fee of €70 (September to March) or €80 (April to August). If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified. This may cause the entire process to take longer. If one or more of the required documents are not submitted, the application process is stopped immediately.
- An urgent service is also provided against a fee of €140 where the passport will be ready in 4 working hours.
- An additional fee of €11 is applicable if the passport was declared lost while still valid.
- One of the parents must come in person to collect the passport presenting own original and valid ID card/passport.
- Minors must also be present for collection presenting original and valid ID card as fingerprints need to be confirmed.
- Passport is valid for 10 years.
Press the “Book Now” button to
make an appointment.